Great video that shows off the new Forge system and some new maps; keep in mind this is a demo, and not final.
- $1,000,000 budget: Halo 4’s Forge features a much larger budget.
- 3 Forge Environments: Halo 4 will ship with 3 unique Forge environments.
- Object Highlighting – Now objects will be highlighted while hovering over them, which is an attempt to address the issue of not knowing which piece you are grabbing.
- Piece-locking: Forgers now have the option to lock pieces in place, preventing them from being moved or deleted until unlocked.
- “Duplicate Object” feature: Forgers can now duplicate pieces without scrolling through the object menus to spawn the same object.
- Object-magnetism: Forgers now have the option to turn on Object magnetism, which gives Forge pieces magnetic properties in order to allow Forgers to “snap” pieces to each other with more ease and precision.
- Dynamic Lighting: Objects are more responsive to the dynamic lighting of the base map, while also having the pieces themselves cast shadows.
- Player Trait Zones: Forgers can now place up to four “Player Trait Zones”, which allow Forgers to essentially create a new setting set that will affect players within the zones. This feature has infinite possibilities, including the ability to create a low-gravity zone or an invincibility zone.
Talk about it at our forums!