Competitive MLG player Walshy gives a great analysis of his first play-through of Halo 4 War Games (matchmaking). Thank goodness he has a great memory and clarity.
- Incendiary weapons are forerunner weapons (Enemy will burn apart into ash).
- Scattershot weapon can be bounced (walls, ground, hardlight shield).
- Hardlight shield puts player in 3rd person. Player will also move slower and cannot use their weapon. Shield can reflect shots.
- New game type: Infinity Slayer. Kills, assists, multi-kill points and more all combine to give your team’s score. (As opposed to only kills)
- Hitmarker icons will indicate when your bullets are hitting the enemy.
- Promethean vision can be used to see far across map if held for full ability duration (Enemy is aware when they are pinged).
- Sniper rifle felt very powerful, but seemed like more spacing between shots was neccessary.
- As you gain points in a match, an ordinance drop indicator bar will fill up. When full, the player can choose a specific ordinance package.
- Ordinance drops let you choose from weapons, and powerups.
- Speed boost power up will increase movement and reload speed.
- Power boost power up will increase damage given.
- Overshield power up increases armor shield health.
- Weapons laying on the ground have a name indicator so they can be identified at a distance.
- Other friendlies can take your ordinance drop.